Organizational and Position Summary
Women’s Voices Now (WVN) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization that uses film to drive positive social change that advances girls’ and women’s rights globally. Our long-term goal and vision is to create a culture shift that supports the systematic advancement of women’s and girls’ rights.
We strive to challenge gender-based stereotypes, change mindsets and shift culture in favor of women’s rights globally by addressing the mis- and underrepresentation of women and girls in front of and behind the camera. Through our three core programs, we empower filmmakers, produce and promote social-change films, and engage audience members to advance women’s and girls’ rights:
- the WVN Online Film Festival that promotes female and femme-identifying filmmakers creating films that advocate for women’s and girls’ rights around the world. Since 2011, we have awarded $108k in cash prizes, received 825+ film submissions from 80+ countries, and reached audiences in 178 countries.
- Girls’ Voices Now, our Los Angeles-based youth development program through filmmaking. Since 2018, Girls’ Voices Now has served close to 70 girls from low-income communities, overseen the production of their 17 short films, which have been selected and awarded in 48 film festivals, have won a Daytime Emmy and have been watched by over 522,000 online viewers thanks to our partnerships with Here Media and Kanopy.
- Voices for Change, our free online film collection advocating for women’s rights. The collection raises awareness of the struggles and triumphs of women and girls around the globe, inviting audience members to contribute to positive social change. The collection currently hosts 200+ films in 40+ languages, and spreads awareness of salient women’s rights issues around the globe.
WVN is seeking a dedicated, dynamic and exceptionally organized Development Coordinator to join as an integral member of our small, but mighty team. Reporting to and working closely with the Development Director, the Development Coordinator is a writing-heavy position with significant opportunities to assume responsibilities across a wide range of fundraising, communications, reporting, marketing, and event planning activities.
- Prospecting and Fundraising: Research and identify potential partners (sponsors, grantmakers, individual donors) aligned with our programs’ strategic goals and organizational values. Locate key contacts within our networks to facilitate connections and advance relationships. Create mission-based, donor-centric appeals and recognition strategies, and contribute strategic insight to our overall fundraising strategy, including building a monthly donor program and planning an upcoming donor appreciation event.
- Database Management: Maintain development records (Salesforce, Google drive). Ensure overall data integrity. Run reports, synthesize information, and share frequent updates about current and prospective investors with the Development Director.
- Evaluation, Monitoring, Reporting and compliance: Coordinate with Programs and Communication teams to ensure proper recognition of partners, including in-kind sponsors. Contribute to evaluation, monitoring and reporting efforts by assisting the Development Director in developing evaluation surveys and reports. Oversee grant programs calendar (deadlines to apply, report, etc.). Assist the Executive Director in generating tax-receipts and acknowledgement letters.
- Communications Campaigns: Write newsletters, social media posts (in coordination with our Communications Manager) and other communication materials highlighting the accomplishments of our beneficiaries and the work of our filmmaking instructors, volunteers and staff to develop brand awareness.
- Must be passionate about furthering women’s and girls’ rights and about Women’s Voices Now mission
- Must be passionate about storytelling and possess excellent writing skills
- Prior fundraising experience and familiarity with grant writing and sponsorship processes highly desirable
- Must be able to communicate professionally, work well with others, and represent the organization in a positive light to all stakeholders.
- Must be able to meet deadlines, ask questions when unsure, and voice ideas/opinions
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office (particularly Excel) and Google Suite
- Proficiency in Salesforce a plus but not required
- Experience with newsletter programs (EMMA/MailChimp) a plus but not required
This position will be offered professional development and will have the opportunity to grow in responsibilities.
Availability required: 10-15 hours per week
Interested in applying?
Send a resume and cover letter to Soizic at firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line: Development Coordinator Application.
WVN values a diverse workplace and strongly encourages women, people of color, LGBTQ+ individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, and veterans to apply. WVN is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will not be discriminated against because of race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, citizenship status, disability, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, medical condition or any protected category prohibited by local, state or federal laws.
Learn more about our work by reading our online publication, The WVoice.