JOB TITLE: Development Coordinator
STATUS: Non-Exempt (Hourly)
SCHEDULE: Part Time
COMPENSATION: $25-$28/hour, commensurate with experience
Women’s Voices Now is a 501(c) (3) non-profit organization that uses film to drive positive social change that advances girls’ and women’s rights globally. Our long-term goal and vision is to create a culture shift that supports the systematic advancement of women’s and girls’ rights. We strive to challenge gender-based stereotypes, change mindsets and shift culture in favor of women’s rights globally by addressing the mis- and underrepresentation of women and girls in front of and behind the camera. For more information, please visit our website.
Women’s Voices Now is seeking a dedicated, dynamic and organized Development Coordinator to join as an integral member of our small, but mighty team. Reporting to and working closely with the Development Director, the Development Coordinator is a writing-heavy position with significant opportunities to assume responsibilities across a wide range of fundraising, communications, and event planning activities. This position will be offered professional development and will have the opportunity to grow in responsibilities.
This is a part time, non-benefited position (must be available 10-15 hours per week).
Special Note: This position will be remote with some in-person events (up to 4 a year) and in-person meetings in Los Angeles. Must be based in the greater Los Angeles area.
Prospecting and Fundraising
- Research and identify potential partners (sponsors, grant makers) aligned with our programs’ strategic goals and organizational values.
- Assist the Development Director with drafting mission-based, donor-centric appeals and recognition strategies.
- Contribute strategic insight to our overall fundraising strategy overseen by the Development Director, including building a monthly donor program and planning an upcoming donor appreciation event.
- Maintain development records (Salesforce, Google Drive).
- Ensure overall data integrity.
Evaluation, Monitoring, Reporting and Compliance
- Coordinate with Programs and Communication teams to ensure proper recognition of partners, including in-kind sponsors.
- Assist the Development Director with the reporting materials.
- Update our grant calendar (deadlines to apply, report, etc.).
- Help with drafting newsletters, social media posts copy, focused on fundraising (in coordination with our Communications Manager) and other communication materials.
- Perform additional duties as assigned by the Development Director.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field or 1-2 years of relevant experience.
- Familiarity with grant writing or other prior fundraising experience highly desirable.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office (particularly Excel) and Google Suite.
- Proficiency in Salesforce a plus but not required.
- Must be passionate about furthering women’s and girls’ rights and about the Women’s Voices Now mission.
- Must be passionate about storytelling and possess excellent writing skills.
- Must be able to communicate professionally, work well with others, and represent the organization in a positive light to all stakeholders.
- Must be able to meet deadlines, ask questions when unsure, and voice ideas/opinions.
- Must have your own desktop or laptop computer with reliable internet access.
- Must have a telephone to use for work purposes.
This position is mostly remote but the Development Coordinator will be asked to participate during donor events, which might include lifting some objects and bending.
Interested in applying?
Please send a resume and cover letter by April 18th, 2022 to Soizic at [email protected] with the subject line: Development Coordinator Application.
Pre-selected candidates will be contacted by the end of April and the selected candidate will be expected to start working around mid to late May.
WVN values a diverse workplace and strongly encourages women, people of color, LGBTQ+ individuals, and persons with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, and veterans to apply. WVN is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will not be discriminated against because of race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, citizenship status, disability, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, medical condition or any protected category prohibited by local, state or federal laws.