GVN Media Instructor Assistant
Women’s Voices Now; (WVN) uses film to drive positive social change that advances girls’ and women’s rights globally. We are a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization.
Girls Voices Now empowers youth from under-resourced communities to find, develop, and use their voice for positive social change through filmmaking.
POSITION AVAILABLE: Media Instructor Assistant
Position Description: Women’s Voices Now seeks a Media Instructor Assistant with experience in filmmaking and production to assist our Lead Media Instructor throughout our intensive 5-week summer program. The intern will receive a stipend, and is expected to be onsite for 8 hours per day (specific times may change based on program’s needs each day), for the duration of the 5-week program. This person must be fluent in most aspects of filmmaking, including editing, pre-and post production. Must be comfortable working with youth and able to assist in support of the classroom and during production.
The Media Instructor Assistant will support the Lead Media Instructor by coordinating with other program staff (Program Intern, Program Coordinator, Guest Speakers, Media Chaperones).
Qualifications: The ideal candidate will be able to fulfill the following qualifications:
- Must have a knowledge of social impact media, feminism, women in media, filmmaking, editing, and education.
- Must be fluent in all aspects of filmmaking, and able to communicate technical ideas and concepts to first-time filmmakers with little to no experience.
- Must have experience in education and working with youth.
- Must be fluent in GVN camera package (ILCE-7M3K – Alpha 7 III), Adobe Premiere and Final Cut Pro, sound and audio recording equipment, lighting equipment.
- Media Assistant must have access to a laptop and be able and willing to download necessary communications platforms (any expenses will be covered by WVN) for purposes of teaching.
- Candidates will be subject to background check after an offer is made.
- Prep Dates: Availability throughout June for Training/Onboarding. two full days before the programs to test equipment and curriculum
- Dates of Program : July 5th-August 4th, 9am-4pm Monday-Friday, in-person at Mount Saint Mary’s University Doheny Campus.
- Premiere Public Screening: Fall 2023 (Date TBD) (6 to 10 hours for preparation and wrapping up the event)
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until May 30th.
Please apply through this form, and reach out to [email protected] for questions.