GVN Program Intern
Women’s Voices Now; (WVN) uses film to drive positive social change that advances girls’ and women’s rights globally. We are a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization.
Girls Voices Now empowers youth from under-resourced communities to find, develop, and use their voice for positive social change through filmmaking.
POSITION AVAILABLE: Program Intern for GIRLS’ VOICES NOW
Women’s Voices Now is looking for a Programs Intern. Under the supervision of the Director of Programs & Partnerships, the intern’s primary project will be to help in preparing for and supporting the execution of the Girls’ Voices Now Youth Program. The Girls’ Voices Now summer youth program amplifies the voices of girls and femme-identifying youth from under-resourced communities in Los Angeles by teaching documentary filmmaking. The internship will work between 15 – 20 hours a week from June through November. The internship will be mostly in-person, with some remote work before late June and after early August 2023.
- First and foremost, the intern should be passionate about women’s and girls’ rights, and believe in the power of film to effect social change.
- Ability to proficiently and fluently navigate basic computer tasks is required (emailing, typing, etc.)
- Ability to professionally communicate and represent Women’s Voices Now to external audiences is a required.
- Ability to work independently, meet deadlines, and ask questions when unsure is a must.
- Ability to be flexible, adapt, and “roll with the punches” with a positive attitude is a must.
- Desire to be a part of a small, close-knit, and passionate team, working collaboratively at all times, is a must.
- Prior experience in social services, working with youth, event planning, and/or project management is a plus.
- A background or passion for filmmaking is a plus.
- Ability to write, speak, and translate to/from Spanish is a plus.