Social Media Coordinator
JOB TITLE: Social Media Coordinator
STATUS: Non-Exempt (Hourly)
SCHEDULE: Part Time
COMPENSATION: $23-$27/hour, commensurate with experience
Women’s Voices Now is a 501(c) (3) non-profit organization that uses film to drive positive social change that advances girls’ and women’s rights globally. Our long-term goal and vision is to create a culture shift that supports the systematic advancement of women’s and girls’ rights. We strive to challenge gender-based stereotypes, change mindsets and shift the culture in favor of women’s rights globally by addressing the mis- and underrepresentation of women and girls in front of and behind the camera. For more information, please visit our website.
Women’s Voices Now is seeking a dedicated, flexible, and organized Social Media Coordinator to join as an integral member of our small but mighty team. Reporting to and working closely with the Communications Manager, the Social Media Coordinator is responsible for developing and executing a social media strategy, including creating all visual assets, writing engaging copy, and monitoring audience engagement, across several platforms in order to promote WVN, its programs, and its mission. This position will be offered professional development and will have the opportunity to grow in responsibilities.
This is a part-time, non-benefited position (must be available 8.5 hours per week).
- Proficiency with Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and LinkedIn and knowledge of the best social media strategies and practices unique to each platform
- Adobe Photoshop/Canva proficiency
- Premiere Pro proficiency
- Ability to write engaging social media copy that communicates WVN’s mission
- LaterApp proficiency or experience using other social media scheduling tools
- Familiarity with Google G Suite (Docs, Drive, Sheets, etc.)
- Basic research and media literacy skills
- Must be passionate about furthering women’s and girls’ rights and about the Women’s Voices Now mission.
- Must be passionate about social media communications and creating engaging content that communicates the message clearly and impactfully.
- Must have experience creating graphics and/or videos in Canva, Photoshop, and Premiere.
- Must have experience using and creating content for Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Vimeo & YouTube, and a familiarity with the audiences and best practices for each.
- Must be able to communicate professionally and work well with a team.
- Must be able to meet deadlines, ask questions when unsure, and voice ideas/opinions.
- Must have your own desktop or laptop computer with reliable internet access.
- Must have a telephone to use for work purposes.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field or 1-2 years of relevant experience.
- Must have experience creating engaging visual and written content for social media.
- Must be proficient in Google Suite (Docs, Sheets, Drive, etc.)
This position is remote but if the selected candidate lives in the Los Angeles area, the Social Media Coordinator will be asked to participate during programmatic events, which might include lifting some objects and bending.
Interested in applying?
Please send a resume and cover letter to Yasmeen at [email protected] with the subject line: Social Media Coordinator Application.
Pre-selected candidates will be contacted on a rolling basis and the selected candidate will be expected to start working AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.
WVN values a diverse workplace and strongly encourages women, people of color, LGBTQ+ individuals, and persons with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, and veterans to apply. WVN is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will not be discriminated against because of race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, citizenship status, disability, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, medical condition or any protected category prohibited by local, state or federal laws.