Women’s Voices Now Online Film Festival
CALL FOR: Volunteer Previewers
Women’s Voices Now; (WVN) uses film to drive positive social change that advances women’s and girls’ rights globally. We are a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization.
The Women’s Voices Now Online Film Festival seeks to address the significant lack of representation of women in film, as well as the lack of access to essential funding for women in film. Our Film Festival promotes women filmmakers using social-change films to advocate for women’s and girls’ rights around the world, by:
- Providing a platform for emerging filmmakers telling essential, authentic stories
- Supporting them with cash prizes and visibility
- Connecting filmmakers with each other
Since 2011, our independent film festival has received 800+ impactful social-change films from more than 65+ countries, and brought them to millions of viewers around the world. The 2023 Festival will award $13,000 in film festival prizes. Film Festival Previewer Volunteers will watch WVN Film Festival submissions and evaluate them against a simple rubric provided by the organization. Previewers will play an instrumental role in the screening and selection process for the Women’s Voices Now Film Festival.
WHAT YOU GET: A FULFILLING EXPERIENCE & MORE!
- The chance to view inspiring, powerful, and relevant films focusing on women’s and girls’ rights around the world!
- Access to festival events & opportunities
- Visibility and recognition via our social media & other platforms
- A $100 stipend
We are looking for individuals who possess the following qualifications:
- Passion for women’s rights and belief in the power of film in achieving social change
- Prior previewing/film reviewing, filmmaking or film festival experience preferred
- Ability to work independently and adhere to deadlines
- Ability to follow a provided evaluation rubric
- Access to a computer/laptop and general computer skills (typing, emailing, google drive etc.)Individuals who have submitted a film to this year’s festival are not eligible for this role.
- Around 25 – 30 hours of film previewing, during the months of November 2022 and December 2022
- Ability to correspond over email and virtual video platform for progress check-ins & onboarding
Please send a statement of interest to our Director of Programs & Partnerships at [email protected]