WVN Film Festival.
A women’s rights film festival for emerging filmmakers.
WVN Film Festival 2023 Submission - 9th Edition.
Women’s Voices Now is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization using film to drive positive social change that advances girls’ and women’s rights globally.
Our documentary Film Festival promotes emerging women filmmakers using social-change films to advocate for women’s and girls’ rights around the world, by:
- Providing a PLATFORM for emerging filmmakers telling essential, authentic stories.
- Offering CASH PRIZES and VISIBILITY.
- Facilitating NETWORKING with other filmmakers and media industry professionals.
Since 2011, we have awarded $118k in cash prizes, received 965+ film submissions from 85+ countries, and reached audiences in 178 countries.
- Open Aug 1, 2022. We are accepting submissions via:
- FilmFreeway: Submit your film via FilmFreeway
- FestHome: Submit your film via FestHome
- WFCN: Submit your film via WFCN
- Early Bird: September 16, 2022
- Regular: November 4, 2022
- Late: November 25, 2022
Documentary Features and Shorts
- Early Bird: $25
- Regular: $40
- Late: $60
Youth Documentary Shorts
- Early Bird: $5
- Regular: $10
- Late: $15
Leslie J. Sacks Best Documentary Feature
Best Documentary Short
Best Human Rights Documentary
Best Creative Documentary
Best First-time Filmmaker
Best Youth Documentary Short
The Celluloid Ceiling.
Women filmmakers are out there, so why is women-produced content still underrepresented?
Women Filmmakers: Shattering That Ceiling.
Our independent film festival challenges gender-based stereotypes both on and off the screen. To support this vision, our online film festival:
“The Women’s Voices Now Film Festival provides a rare and special platform for unheard voices and issues, and is a creative boon for independent women filmmakers around the world.”
– Dr. Meena Longjam, Filmmaker
2023 Festival Sponsors.